Saturday, November 7, 2015

Review - Nail Foil From Born Pretty Store

Hello, hello!

Today I'm back with another review. This time, we will talk about some super cool nail foil I got from Born Pretty Store!

Let's begin! I got excited when I took my pictures, I was trying to get the all the shiny side of this nail foil.


I started off with a black base to make the nail foil (item ID # 21590 pattern #3)  pop more (BPS recommended to use a dark base for better results). I did one coat of the black polish, let it dry and then applied my top coat. While my top coat was still a little bit tacky I randomly applied the nail foil onto my nails.

I was not planning to do something full coverage and did not have a pattern in mind, I just went with my instinct.

 
The first time I tried to apply the nail foil I did not wait properly for my base to dry so when I applied the nail foil, the polish stuck to the nail foil and I had a hole on my nails with no polish. So, if I have one thing important to tell you, let your polish dry. Even if you think it's dry, wait a little more.
 
 
I did not apply a top coat over the nail foil when I was done, because top coat don't go well with nail foil, they dull it and the holographic effect just go and you are left off with something not as exciting on your nails.
 
I know some top coat don't do this, but mine does it, so definitely no top coat for me. Do you have a brand you would recommend for nail foil?  
 
 
It's pretty, isn't it? I love all the shiftiness in this nail foil :)

 
A macro to show you the nail foil a little bit closer. We can see on my pinky nail that the nail foil started to wrinkle a little bit, I don't know exactly why. You can't clearly not see it when you look from the "distance".

 
I am impressed with the nail foil in general, it was fairly easy to use and it makes a super cool effect on your nail once applied. What do you think?
 
If you want to buy from BPS, I have a discount code for you: use "DEAEX31" at check out on items not already reduced for 10% off! 
 
Have a nice day and happy polishing!
 
Irrationails xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it and read every one of them!