Saturday, March 28, 2015

Nail Mail From ILNP - My Picks From Spring Collection 2015 and Fall 2014 Collection

Hello, Reader!

It's been a long time since an indie brand made me want a complete collection. Sure, some release over the past few months by numerous indie made me drool a little but not as much as ILNP with their new collection for spring. While everyone is freaking out over flakies, I'm just there, shrugging, not that much interested. Don't get me wrong. I think flakies are pretty, but ... I don't know. Calm down haha.

ILNP, of course, released some flakies, but I don't care for them (we've cleared that out) and some freaking awesome polishes. I bought four from the spring 2015 collection and three from the fall 2014 collection. I stopped there because I would have bought more. That's control people. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. Right.

Before we start this amazing adventure through my nailmail, I just have to say that I'm digging the new packaging. It looks really classy and chic. Thumbs up, ILNP!



 We have from left to right: Happily Ever After, Fame, Poetry and Peri Me. These are my four picks from the Spring 2015 collection. They are pretty, aren't they?

 
From left to right: Iconic, Champagne Blush and Black Orchid (This shade was a big deal when it came out last fall and I can understand why!)
 
 
Let's begin with Fame. Here's the description from ILNP: "This gem is not only loaded with an array of different sized silver and gold flakes, it's also stuffed with a very generous amount of supremely intense holographic pigment that's just waiting to surprise you!"
 
 
It is truly amazing and I can't wait to wear this one. It's not a polish that'll go incognito I think. It's a BLING-HOLO-IN-YO-FACE polish. Just like I like them ahah.

 
Happily Ever After - "is a soft and rich shade of lilac carefully paired with the perfect amount of silver flakes and breathtakingly intense holographic pigment."
 

 I am really excited about this one, since I don't have nothing like this in my collection. I don't usually go for soft purple shade, but this one called my name during the pre-sale. There is something about this polish that made me want it.
 
 
Poetry - "is a lusciously deep raspberry nail polish that you'll absolutely fall in love(...), you'll notice the magenta shimmer (that can also appear red under certain lighting conditions)."
 
 
Oh my. When I saw swatches of this polish, I think I died and went to heaven. This is such a stunning color. Every swatchers brought something new with each swatch and I was all like " Ahhhh!", "Ohhh!". Needless to say, it had to be mine.

 
Peri Me -  "is a soft periwinkle nail polish with the perfect touch of 100% linear, ultra-fine holographic pigment for rainbows in the sun!"
 

I don't have many of this shade in my collection so I thought it was a good occasion to add it to my stash. Plus, I recently read on Pshiiit.com that it was in the palette for spring. So, well, yeah!

 
Next up is from the Fall Collection as you know (like I didn't say enough already...)When the collection was released, I was on a no-buy (I know, tragedy!!) and I remember seeing swatches of all the polishes in the collection and thinking: "Why? Oh why are they doing this to me?" I know, I can be a little bit melodramatic sometimes. Ahem. Anyways, let's focused on the polishes, right?
 
Champagne Blush is described as "a sophisticated vintage pink holographic polish enveloped by a wonderfully crisp gold hue". On my pictures, it looks a little more "cold" than it is actually. Just know that it is more pink/gold than it appears.
 

It has a vintage vibe to it, don't you think? I love this shade. LET ME LOVE YOU ALREADY. Why do I have to have so many untrieds to go through before I can put you on my fingers? The struggle is real people. This is what you get when you are a nail polish hoarder, you have too many polishes you want to wear and not enough fingers.. (and time too haha.)

 
Black Orchid - "is an absolutely gorgeous deep burgundy / purple holographic polish. It's simply stunning under any type of light, indoor or outdoor. "
 
I'm sure of it Barbra! Like I said when the collection released last fall, it was crazy. Every nail addict had to get her hands on this shade. I guess Barbra must have been pleased with herself, creating such a beautiful polish!
 
 
It's such a rich color, I luuurve it. I can't wait to wear it. Who cares if it's a fall color? I'll be doing my rebel and wear it in Spring. It's so cold here, I think Mother Nature didn't get the memo about this Spring thing, so.. technically, winter weather = dark color. Niark. Niark. Niark. 


Iconic - "is [a] gold holographic polish with an incredible amount of depth to it."

On the site of ILNP, it looks more pinkish. For some reasons, my pictures show it a lot cooler than it is.


I don't know why but the color appears a little bit greenish on my pictures. From what I saw this Fall, it's supposed to look a little bit more.. champagne. Yup. As I type, I'm looking at my bottle and it's definitely more champagne than this greenish color on my pictures.

I hope you liked the pictures! Did you get any of these? What shade have you bought from the Spring Collection?

Happy polishing!

Irrationails xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it and read every one of them!