Friday, March 27, 2015

Let's Try Those Untrieds! - Splendor Nail Lacquer "Back Up" and Essie "Tart Deco" Swatch

Hello!

In my adventure to use all my untried before I die, I used two untried a month ago to begin the week the better way possible. Colorful and sparkles was the theme.

I choose for this mani a super bright coral/pink that many of you know and own already I'm certain. I bought this polish from eeerrhhh.. I can't remember. Was it from a blog sale or was it from NailPolishCanada? I'll have to chek! (EDIT: I bought it from a destash sale.) Anyways. I bought this one but never use it (like many of my polishes haha) so I thought it was a good time to try it. I had also this bottle from Splendor Nail Lacquer that was calling my name from the day I had it in my hand.


When I applied Tart Deco I was a little bit scared because the first coat didn't really apply evenly, but after the second coat everything was fixed and there were no sign of patchiness. The color was so bright and so pink. I loved it. However, after I applied "Back Up" the color change to a bright orange/coral. Weird.

 
After a while I came to the conclusion that the base of Back Up was maybe a little bit yellow (even if I don't see it in the bottle, when I look) that's why it changed my base. I really don't mind. I think it looks pretty cool anyways!

 
Oh. And you have to be careful (not like me) with your application of Back Up because there is plenty of glitters coming from the brush. I thought it was more dispersed so I went all-in and I had to wipe out some glitters because it was over the top too much.

 
Overall I like the two polishes and I'll be definitely wearing them again. Do you own any of these polishes?
 
Happy polishing!
 
Irrationails xo

1 comment:

  1. That's so strange! My bottle of Tart Deco looks way different and you can't even see a yellow tint to the glitter? Anyways, these are so pretty!! I love the tiny glitters! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it and read every one of them!