Monday, November 3, 2014

31DC version 2.0: Day 18: World Cultures

I was getting down last week because I wasn't feeling very inspired. Now, I'm back on track and producing a lot of manis to be up-to-date on this challenge!!

First post for today is my post for world culture. I kept having this idea of doing this Mexican nails, something very festive every time I thought about this prompt. I really don't know why. Lol. But then, yesterday evening I was looking through my inspiration folder on my computer and saw a greek pattern. I forgot about it, only to remember it again when I was looking on SimplyNailogical.com at a tutorial (Greek, of course! It had to be.) Destiny had called.



Anyways. I finally decided to abandon the idea of Mexican nails and do these sophisticate Greek nails instead.

 
 For the background I did the technique with plastic paper (Saran Wrap) and dabbed two shades of blue over one layer of white. It was my first time doing this technique and I like how it makes a texture on my nails. Like marble or something.

 
After, I handpainted the little symbol-thingy in gold polish and applied a top coat. @Simplynailogical used water decals instead of handpainting them, I wished I had them, my lines would have been a lot clearer.


 
I'm reallly enjoying these angled-shots/macros. Maybe a little too much. Lol.

 
I'll see you tomorrow for day 19. I just want to go back watching my X-files episodes because I'm too lazy to write another post. See ya!
 
Happy polishing!
 
Irrationails xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it and read every one of them!