Thursday, September 18, 2014

31DC version 2.0: Day 6: Monochromatic

This week I found the challenge very challenging. It was so vague, you could go wherever you wanted. For the black and white prompt, it was already difficult, but now with monochromatic...

I must admit when I read the word monochromatic, what came in my mind almost immediately was black and white with various grey area between. Since the previous prompt was about these colors (or non-colors) I couldn't take these again. Right?

I decided to look in my stash and choose the colors I own the most. Pink. It was an evidence. I already found my pattern. You know, when something isn't right, or you don't feel it? The more I looked at my pattern and my bottles, the less I was feeling this choice.

It was only yesterday that I decided to look on Internet to find something else. I stumbled upon a tutorial made by Chelsea King for BirchBox. I knew right away I wanted to do it. It was simple. It was monchromatic. LET'S DO THIS!


The final look:
 
In the initial tutorial, she added oval silver studs. I didn't find my studs until I was completely done. And they were square. Gold. It was not meant to be!


I had problems with my lightning, more than usual. I don't know what is the problem. You know, one of those day....!!
 
I hope my inspiration will be back next week, because I need something with a little more structure. I just stare at my computer for hours if I don't know what to do!
 
Happy polishing!
 
Irrationails xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it and read every one of them!