Monday, September 1, 2014

31DC version 2.0, Day 1: Red

 Today is the beginning of the 31 Day Challenge! This year, I decided to take part of this big event in the nail art community. Last year, I was in awe with many nail ladies and the designs they came up with.

The version that I'll follow is the 2.0 version, created by @Willpaintnailsforfood, @thenailpolishchallenge and @wondrouslypolished. I like this version better. They will only post on Monday and Thursday, so you'll actually have time to think and admire your work for a longer time! Plus, I don't think it would have been manageable for me to paint my nails everyday. Yeah for the 2.0 version!

Day 1: Red. When I was looking for inspiration, the idea of the little girl and her balloon came almost immediately to my mind. My first idea was poppy nails, but I saw that on the day 11, that's the prompt. I really like how this design turned out. My skills at doing little design isn't perfect, but I hope that with the challenge I will get better!




 
 
I went with a grungy/dirty background, because I thought something was missing. Maybe I just didn't feel like it was complete until I make it dirtier. The technique is basically the same that Willpaintnailsforfood used regularly on her designs. You ''thin'' your color (black and off-white for me) then sponged lightly on your nails and voilà!
 
 
For the little girl, I went with something "fuzzy" (I don't know the right word for this one). I didn't want it to be perfect I wanted something with a little touch of "vague" (I really need to work on my words in English haha) This is why the little girl isn't clear when you focus on her. I thought it would be perfect for the dirty background. What do you think?
 
For my thumb I made red dots and then used the same technique I used for my accent nail to give it a vintage/erased look. I didn't take a picture of my thumb because I forgot. Whoops!

 
Here is the Schedule for this crazy month!
 
 
Overall, I am really happy for my first prompt and can't wait to see what others came up with!

Happy polishing!

Irrationails xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it and read every one of them!