Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Dry Watermarble

Hello!

The 31DC is over and now I'm free to do whatever designs I want to. (I could have done it when the 31DC was running, but I would have feel guilty about it. I know. I have a problem haha)

There is so much designs I want to try, so little time though. I already have a list of all the designs I will do. Now, if I could have the time...

For 2015, my "resolutions" toward the nail art is to practice more my free-handed skills, try new techniques (aka watermarbling, watercolor, etc.). I want to be better.

For today's nails, I finally did something that was very frustrating when I tried the first times.. But then, I discover a "lazy", easy way to do it. I didn't get a real chance to try it and before I knew, I forgot to try it further. It was only until earlier this week, on Instagram, that I remembered this technique. Pshiiit put a mani she did and I was like : "Omg I know this technique. I have to try it."

Dry watermarble. Yup, that's right. I called it lazy, because you let your polish dry and you can do something else while you wait.


 
Oh, yeah. I cut my nails. Maybe I was a little bit intense.. I had to, though. (#ihatemyjobforthis).
 
Anyways! Like I said before, it was a technique long overdue. But since I discover the easy way, my life has changed. Seriously. They don't scare me now. (Well still a little.) I know I can practise and one day, I'll be able to do the "real thing".

 
The design is supposed to be green and red, but the green I used is pretty light (Gargantuan Grape by OPI) and looks more white than green. I also used a white base, so maybe that's why it doesn't look like green. I wonder if I didn't use the white, would it be more green or translucent?

 
It's the first time that my watermarble look like a watermarble. I'm so happy about this! My main problem with this technique is that when I put my nails in the water.. it's okay. It's when I take my nail off the water, it makes a mess and smudged and everything.. (Frustrating.) You understand why I use the lazy/easy way, now.

 
A shot of all my nails. Waw. Watermarble, I will master you one day!
 
I'm trying to make stickers, so that when I want to have watermarbled nails, I don't need to get all my polishes and the kit to do it. I don't know if this would work over time. Maybe the stickers will dry and break easily. Story to follow!

Happy polishing!

Irrationails xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it and read every one of them!