Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Nail Art Guild - Retro

Hello to you, Reader!

The second nail art challenge I will join for now is The Nail Art Guild. I can't  tell you who created this challenge exactly as I can't remember right now (Doris, anyone?)

Anyways!

For my first time, the prompt was retro. Oh boy, I had so much trouble finding inspiration for the prompt! I searched Google, Pinterest and Shutterstock to find something I liked. It took me two days to find a design I could recreate.

The first attempt was a semi-failure, so I swiped it off and made another one. I like this one much better, to be honest.


 
I have to warn you that these photos are not color accurate for the light pink (yeah that's supposed to be light bright pink and not orange.) I tried everything to make it more color accurate, but in the end, I gave up.

 
When I was doing research, this swirly design kept coming back and after a while I decided to try my hand at this!


I really like how this turned out. In the "real life" the design was so cool to see. It was really difficult to transfer the cool vibe in pictures!

 
 *
 
 
I really like the design! I hope you do too!
 
 Monday, I'll post the third and final challenge I'm joining!

Happy polishing!

Irrationails xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it and read every one of them!