Thursday, January 1, 2015

Weekly Nail Art Challenge (WNAC) - January - Week 1: Flakies

Hello, Reader!

Happy New Year! I hope this year brings you everything you hope/want and more!

Like I said in one of my previous post, this year I want to be more involve in the nail art world. I want to try new techniques and be part of few challenges. I want to be better and I want to meet awesome new people. I like doing my nails and I like to have a goal.

So, for this first post of the year 2015, I decided to take part of the WNAC (Weekly Nail Art Challenge). @simplynailogical, @missbellatracey and  @kgrdnr on Instagram are the ones who started this challenge and it looks fun, so I will join this one for few prompts this year!

The theme for January is matte, so all the mani in this challenge must have something matte or be completely matte with a plus each week. Like, for example, this week is flakies...

MATTE ALL THE FLAKIES..!! - @mcpolish.

For my mani, I tried to do something original instead of just putting a matte topcoat over some random polish with flakies.

This is what I came up with:

The polish used in this mani is a polish I had for a very long time and has never been used since I got it. I bought this one mainly because of its name (Libra by Black Cat Lacquer), but I didn't know what to do with it. Every swatch I saw (there is not plenty of swatches, boohoo), it was only put over a white or a black polish (BORING.)

 
This prompt made me remember I had this bottle and I was like: "Omg. YOUR TIME HAS COME, POLISH! LET ME USE YOU!" I applied this baby with the technique of Cristine at SimplyNailogical for a maximum glitter pay-off.

 
THIS IS GLORIOUS, OH MY GAWD. There's plenty of glitter and flakies (I swear they're here, they just hid behind all that glitters.)

 
Like if this was not perfect already, when you mattify (is this a word? huh?) it, this just become more awesome.
 
Loook at my thumb. Wow, riiight??
 
I don't know why I waited so long to use Libra. It is just beautiful. I MUST USE IT AGAIN!
 
I'll see you tomorrow for a new challenge I'm joining : The Nail Art Guild! Woohooo!
 
Happy polishing!
 
Irrationails xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it and read every one of them!